Recipe by gailanng
Behind the scoreboard at AT&T Park in San Francisco, the Crazy Crab'z stand sells a fresh, light crab salad like this. Sunset Recipes dressed it up with avocado and parsley, then serve the salad in lettuce cups to make it finger-friendly.
- 1 lb shelled cooked crab, drained and cartilage picked out
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 16 medium butter lettuce leaves (about 2 heads)
- 1 avocado, cut into 16 thin slices
- 2 teaspoons prepared seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 lemon, sliced into small wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir together crab, mayonnaise, parsley, onion and sugar until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste, then chill until ready to serve.
- Arrange lettuce on a large platter. Place about 2 tablespoons crab mixture onto center of each leaf. Top each with a slice of avocado, about 1/8 teaspoon cocktail sauce, a lemon wedge, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make ahead: Prepare through step 1 and chill, covered, up to 1 day.