Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Really good, quick and easy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 10 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cold water
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat on medium speed with mixer for about two minutes or until smooth and well mixed.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate or cream cheese frosting. This cake is good frosted with No Cook Fudge Frosting Recipe #53523.
This cake has always been a family favorite. We called it Wacky Cake. It's good with white icing and for a real treat peanut butter icing.
I made this twice, once as a test and the 2nd for my son's birthday, who has allergies. It is a very dense cake. When I replaced oil with applesauce, we liked the cake much better. Thanks for sharing!
Just like Mom's... This is the recipe I was looking for! Thanks for sharing with us!!! :)