Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My butcher suggested this recipe over 20 years ago. It is quick, easy and delicious.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sugar-free orange marmalade (or regular)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Mix last 3 ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator but no more than 24 hours.
- Bake until chicken is tender, approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- This recipe makes a delicious sauce for rice.
All my picky eaters like it! I simply told them it was a sweet and sour chicken recipe w/out a ketchup base. I use boneless/ skinless chicken breasts. My only problem was that it stuck to the grill and got a tad burned, but next time I'll make my DH grill. I paired it with rice. Since I cut the recipe in half I added the the extra onion soup to the rice water. No one complained! Thanks for a fun chicken recipe.
Very interesting flavors in this marinade. After the first bite I wasn't sure how I felt about this dish, but after a couple more bites I decided that I enjoyed the uniqueness of the flavors. You really do taste all of the flavors in the marinade. I think I would like this better with a bone-in/skin-on chicken breast. I also think this would be very good on the grill with the extra marinade basted on the chicken breasts. Made for June, 2009 Aussie/NZ Swap.
I marinated split bone-in/skin on split breasts and drumsticks for 24 hours, I patted them dry and cooked them on the grill, it took about 45 minutes as my grill was very hot. The chicken was moist and juicy, though if most of the marinade flavor was in the skin. We typically don't eat the skin but the glaze on the chicken came out so pretty and I had to take a few bites bc it was so good. My husband ate a cold drumstick with the skin later on in the evening, cold for the fridge and loved it. I think these would be great to cook ahead and bring on a picnic!