Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great Gift Item!
- Layer ingredients in jar in order given in a 1 quart canning jar.
- It is helpful to tap jar lightly on a padded surface (towel on counter) as you layer the ingredients to make all ingredients fit neatly.
- Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from fabric of your choice.
- Center fabric circle over lid and secure with a rubber band.
- Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover the rubber band.
- Attach a card with the following directions: Crazy Cake 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil, 2 tsp Vinegar, 1 tsp Vanilla and 2 cups Water.
- Stir cake ingredients together using a wire whisk or fork, making certain that all ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Frost as desired or serve sprinkled with powdered sugar, with fresh fruit on the side.
I made this the other day in hopes of making some for xmas gifts. It was very tasty, but I was unsure of the size pan to use and put it in an 8x8 pan. It was very moist and I realized it should be made in a 9x12 pan. I will still be making some jars up for gifts, just make sure you tell them to use a large pan.
My basic recipe but the amounts are a little different. LOVE THIS!!!
This is the best scratch cake recipe I've ever had. Everybody I've served it to loved it. Nobody believes how easy it is to make! I halved all the ingredients and reduced the length of cooking time to make an 8" square cake. I've also substituted amaretto flavoring for the vanilla and it came out well.