Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great cake I make often. It can be a snack cake or can go to potluck or also makes a wonderful birthday cake. Very moist and chocolaty. I sent this recipe to my grandmother and she now makes this cake often also. Our whole family loves it! A great way to use that left over coffee!
- Put flour, sugar, cocoa, soda and salt into a 9x13-inch ungreased cake pan.
- Stir with fork to blend.
- Make 3 wells in flour mixture.
- Put oil in one well, vinegar in one and vanilla in the last one.
- Pour coffee over all ingredients and stir with fork until well mixed (DO NOT BEAT).
- Combine sugar,cinnamon topping and sprinkle over top of cake batter evenly (this will form a crusty topping over the cake as it bakes).
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.
- *Can omit topping.