Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy Chocolate Cake found in a prevention magazine sent in by a reader that had it in their family since the 1950's. Healthy tip
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into an ungreased 8X8 glass baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients.
- Pour oil into one, vinegar into one, and vanilla into one.
- Pour water over all and mix thoroughly with a fork to moisten all dry ingredients.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- sprinkle with powdered sugar or ice.
It doesn't get any easier than this! I love this recipe. It uses about half the oil of other crazy cakes and it doesn't sacrifice any of the great flavor. Fast, no mess and DELISH!
Who says you can't go home again? I first made this recipe back in 1955 when I was 7 yrs old. It was one of the first real recipes I ever made. And it is still just as easy and tasty! And no clean up afterward. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.