Danny Beason's Note:
Presented By: Xander Carey, The Food Dude
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This is a great dish for the changing seasons as it has a great amount of vitamins, antioxidants, the carbohydrates for energy, and to top it all its light.
- 2To Prepare: Cook Pasta according to the instructions.
- 3Due to the low level of oils in the turkey sausage, add two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the pan to warm.
- 4Cook sausage half way and then add chopped chicken to cook.
- 5When the chicken is done, add all vegetables to the same pan.
- 6When adding the Chili, put it in whole.
- 7Add seasonings to taste.
- 8Dare I say the phrase use a pinch of each, but it quite literally is a small amount of each for seasoning this dish.
- 9After the first round of seasoning mix all ingredients well and let cook into the food for a minute or two, then sample.
- 10Adjust according to personal preference.
- 11Remember you can always add more, but you cant take it out.
- 12Drain the Pasta well, sprinkling and mixing with a small amount of oil while warm.
- 13Place pasta in a large bowl.
- 14Place the other ingredients in the bowl and mix together well.
- 15Mix in your diced tomato.
- 16Serve in warm bowls, garnish with chopped fresh parsley and if you would like top with some low-fat Parmesan cheese (or other cheese of your choice).
- 17More traditional dishes have this with a thickened substance like tomato paste/sauce or a cream reduction.
- 18This version is healthy and will leave you feeling light instead of weighed down.
- 19Get your kids into the kitchen with you and remember HAVE FUN!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crazy Cajun Pasta on the Lighter Side
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.0
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 382.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 23.1 g