1/1 Photo of Crazy Bread Pudding With Zucchini Milk
1 hr 15 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
1967 newspaper article stated: peel, seed and chunk zucchini. Use your blender to make a "milk". I did, I tried and I liked. "milk" can be frozen also. Thus a few recipes were born as this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large zucchini, peeled, seeded and chunked (2 cups zucchini milk)
- 2 cups bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon Pam cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almond (optional)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1Blend prepared zucchini until thick milk.
- 2Heat in saucepan until it comes to a boil. Add 2 tblsps butter.
- 3Grease 4 quart casserole with 1 tblsp. margarine.
- 4Preheat oven 350.
- 5In large metal bowl, place bread cubes.
- 6Pour hot zucchini milk mixture over and stir.
- 7In small mixing bowl, beat two eggs, add vanilla, sugar salt and cinnamon.
- 8Add to bread cubes, toss to blend all together.
- 9Add diced apple, spread around on top.
- 10Add almonds,spread around on top.
- 11Set casserole in a 9 X 13 pan. Add 1 cup water or a little more.
- 13Bake 1 hour.
- 14Serve warm or chilled with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crazy Bread Pudding With Zucchini Milk
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 254.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g