Recipe by KBC
This meatloaf changes a little bit each time I make it. Whatever sounds good I throw in, its a really flexible recipe. I kind of took the basic Martha Stewart recipe I had seen on TV once and threw in a bunch of other stuff.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain cubed dry prepared stuffing
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 -3 dashes of any good barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup onions (from a can works ) or 1⁄3 cup celery, diced and sauteed (from a can works ) or 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, broken into small pcs (from a can works ) or 2 teaspoons oregano (from a can works ) or 1⁄3 cup French-fried onions (from a can works ) or 1⁄4 cup diced cooked carrot (from a can works )
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 dash barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat over to about 350 degrees.
- I think the only way to make meatloaf is with your hands. Using a mixer or other stirring implement always seemed to make the meatloaf tough.
- So throw everything into a great big bowl and mix it all up with your hands. I like to push the breadcrumbs into the meat and make sure they kind of break up a bit.
- in a separate bowl mix together the last 3 ingredients - remaining tomato paste, brown sugar and BBQ sauce.
- Throw the whole crazy meatloaf mess into a pan and spread the topping across the entire top.
- Bake in the over for about an hour or until the center is done.