4 hrs 15 mins
I wanted to create a tropical dessert using 5 of the 21 contest ingredients. This dessert is light and tasty, and the juices from the fruit add a tangy sweetness that does not require sugar. Toasted coconut and almonds add a bit of extra texture. This dessert has 3 main ingredient combos - a fruit mixture, a flour mixture and a topping mixture. Great ending to a picnic or bar-b-que with friends. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, with juice
- 2 cups chopped apples, any variety, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped (about 2 medium)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup almond flour or 1/3 cup meal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour or 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 1/2 cup butter, cold, cut into pats, set aside
- 1Lightly spray a 6-quart crockpot with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine pineapple, apples, marmalade, coconut extract and apple cider. Stir to blend well. Pour mixture into prepared crockpot.
- 3Combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon and orange peel in another bowl.
- 4Whisk dry ingredients together to blend well. Spread flour mixture over top of the fruit mixture in the crockpot.
- 5Spread cut butter pats over top of flour mixture, to evenly cover area.
- 6Combine oatmeal, toasted coconut, almonds and sugar (if used) in a bowl. Mix ingredients together until blended. Sprinkle evenly over top of flour/butter layer.
- 7Cover with lid and cook on LOW setting for 4-6 hours. DO NOT lift the lid for the first 3 hours of cooking.
- 8Serve warm. Add ice cream, flavored frozen yogurt, or fruit flavored sorbet for an extra twist on this tropical delight.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Craze-E Tropical Crock Pot Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 132.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: