Recipe by mersaydees
This salad is fun and is perfect for a potluck event. HINT: a not quite ripe, still firm, avocado works best in this salad. Cook time is the time it takes to cook the pasta. I created this for the Craze-E cooking contest.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This was a delicious lunch with an arugula salad. It was Yummy!! I had cut the recipe into 1/4 since we were only 3 which was no problem to do. As the other reviewer did I too used Hellman's mayo because I was outnumbered, I love Miracle Whip but the other two don't. I had prepared the salad the night before and kept a little of the dressing on the side which I mixed in before serving at lunch. The flavor of the dressing was absolutely delicious for this salad, they went together so well. I love having salads for lunches because they are not heavy and usually quick to put together. Thanks for sharing a delicious recipe mersaydees... a recipe I will be making again.
- 16 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 teaspoon salt (for cooking pasta)
- 1 firm avocado, chopped
- 1 lb baby shrimp, cooked, rinsed well and drained well
- 1 cup fresh sweet peas (thawed) or 1 cup frozen sweet peas (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, table grind
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Add cooked pasta to large bowl along with the avocado, shrimp, peas, and scallions.
- In small bowl combine dressing ingredients. Add to salad and toss.
- Chill until ready to serve.