1/3 Photos of Craze-E Crock-Pot Burgers & Cheesy Pasta
3 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
I wanted a one dish recipe that utilized my crock-pot, but was not a casserole or mixture of items. This recipe accomplished the feat making delicious turkey burgers and a side of cheesy farmhouse pasta! Best of all, it makes dinner for 3 and then lunch for the next day or even a side dish for dinner the next night! Perfect if you have some place to be for a few hours and will be returning home at dinner time. No scrambling on school or work nights! I created this recipe for the "Category Craze-E Contest" in the Contest and Events Forum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1Cook bacon over medium high heat until brown. Set aside and wipe pan with paper towel, leaving a coating of grease.
- 2Over medium high heat, saute onions for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- 3While the vegetables are cooking, make two to three even turkey burger patties. Sprinkle both sides with Montreal Seasoning (or your family's favorite seasoning) and set aside.
- 4Add bacon and contents of pan to slow cooker along with remaining ingredients (except turkey burgers.).
- 5Stir to combine and top with turkey burgers.
- 6Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or before pasta darkens around rim.
- 7Carefully remove burgers. Only stir the pasta if you want to incorporate the turkey juices. .
- 8Build your family's favorite burger and place on plate with a heaping serving of the cheesy farmhouse pasta. You can sprinkle with ground pepper.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Craze-E Crock-Pot Burgers & Cheesy Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 391.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.7 g