1/1 Photo of Craz-E Curry!
6 hrs 30 mins
Bright and colourful, this delicious asian-style curry (notice the very loose use of 'asian' here ) is both delicious and healthful and makes good use of Craz-E Contest ingredients! There is a bit of time and work spent over a skillet putting things together initially, before finishing off in the crockpot, but I think this is the secret to delicious crockpot cooking - it's not a matter of 'dump' and cook, there has to be a certain amount of love put in as well to give it a layer of flavour you wouldn't otherwise get. Having said that, you could just finish off this curry in the skillet you started it in, but again, it would lose an element of flavour that it attains from the long, slow cooking in the crockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (I used a mild one, add more curry powder for more heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, with juice (should be unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup ground roasted cashews
- 1In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and brown the pork pieces until browned on all sides. Remove from skillet and place in crockpot.
- 2Into the skillet add the curry powder, cumin, ginger and cayenne pepper. Saute for 30 seconds and add onion and garlic; coat with the spice mixture and saute for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are wilted. Add the rotel tomatoes (with green chile), pineapple tidbits (including unsweetened juice) orange marmalade, and pepper cubes, season with salt to taste and boil for 4-5 minutes to thicken sauce slightly. Remove from heat and stir in yoghurt and ground cashews. Pour the sauce into the crockpot and stir to distribute everything. Adjust seasoning to taste (you may want to add a touch more salt and curry powder, based on personal preference).
- 3Cook on low setting for 6 hours while you go about and enjoy your day.
- 4Serve with steamed rice and enjoy! (This is even better the next day).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Craz-E Curry!
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 119.9 mg
- Sodium 790.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: