Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Living on the West Coast, we get a loy of cray during the summer. We eat most of them as we get them, just fresh with some salad, but this is a really yummy way to use up any that have been in the freezer for a while.
- 500 g lobster meat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup green capsicum, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, extra
- 1 pinch paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the lobster (crayfish) meat in the bottom of a greased 4 cup casserole dish.
- Over low heat, melt the butter, blend in the flour, and slowly add the milk and cream.
- Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add the cheese, salt, and capsicum.
- Stir until the cheese melts.
- Pour over the lobster.
- Sprinkle the extra cheese on top, and sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake for 15 minutes, the grill for 2 minutes to brown the top.
Absolute perfection! Brings a whole new meaning to comfort food! Used less green peppers and more lobster than called for. Also made in 4 individual casserole dishes. Very impressive and absolutely outstanding! Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)