Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
After a trip to Jazz Fest, I went searching for an EASY and SIMPLE recipe that mimics their famous stuffed crawfish bread without a million ingredients or having to make bread from scratch. I found this on recipe goldmine and have been serving it with cajun meals ever since. This recipe has been requested and adopted by my friends and relatives from New Orleans! Try this... it doesn't get easier or tastier!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 lb crawfish tail, chopped
- 1 loaf French bread, halve -lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350~.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, butter, cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Tabasco and Worcestershire until smooth.
- Add parsley, onions, thyme and any available crawfish fat.
- Pulse until blended.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Fold in chopped crawfish tails.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Spread mixture on French bread halves.
- Bake halves for 15 minutes.