There are a lot of etouffee recipes out there - I am not going to say this is the most authentic, or even the best, but it is pretty darn tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb peeled crawfish tail
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in crawfish and next 5 ingredients; cook 5 minutes. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in water gradually; cook over low heat 20 minutes, stirring mixture occasionally.
- 4Stir in green onions and parsley; cook 3 minutes. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Étouffée
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.5
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 182.2 mg
- Sodium 842.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.3 g