Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
There are a lot of etouffee recipes out there - I am not going to say this is the most authentic, or even the best, but it is pretty darn tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb peeled crawfish tail
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
- Stir in crawfish and next 5 ingredients; cook 5 minutes. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in water gradually; cook over low heat 20 minutes, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Stir in green onions and parsley; cook 3 minutes. Serve over rice.