- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup shopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 lbs cooked peeled crawfish tails or 2 lbs frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed & drained
- hot cooked rice (your regular recipe)
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
- ground red pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and next 4 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add flour, salt and red pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until caramel colored(about 10 minutes).
- Add the next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Stir crawfish; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with rice.
- Garnish, if desired.