Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This stuffing would be lovely with fish. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 6 tablespoons cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 lb crawfish (about 24 crawfish) or 1⁄4 lb shrimp, cooked and peeled (about 24 crawfish)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon fish stock or 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- Chop crawfish or shrimp.
- Moisten crumbs with milk; add onion, flour, stock, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer a few minutes; add crumbs and simmer two minutes.
- Let cool slightly and add egg.