- 3 lbs crayfish tails, cleaned and deveined
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup parsley, chopped or 1/2
- 1 cup dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Use an iron pot if possible. Heat cooking oil.
- Add flour and brown to a dark brown over a low fire. Be certain to keep stirring this mixture constantly.
- If the phone rings, do not answer.
- Add chopped seasoning; simmer over low heat about 1 hour.
- Season crawfish tails with salt, black pepper and red pepper and add to sauce mixture. Cover and continue to simmer over low heat for about 1 more hour.
- Serve over rice.