Recipe by Mary in LA.
My x mother-in-law taught me how to cook here in the south.
Top Review by EdsGirlAngie
Delicious, Mary! I actually had some frozen crawfish tail meat - SOOOOO flavorful! I added a bit more garlic and Tabasco (nothing unusual) and enjoyed! This dish was quick and easy to prepare, and smelled heavenly while cooking. Definitely a 5 star creation! Thanks for sharing, Mary in LA!
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fat or 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 small onions (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1⁄2 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 lbs crayfish tails (peeled)
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Best thing to use is an IRON POT Heat fat until melted in your iron pot.
- Add green peppers, celery, garlic,onions and saute until they are cooked.
- Add flour, blending very well, gradually add all seasonings,tomato sauce,water& crawfish tails.
- Simmer on very low heat.
- In 30 min's it will be done.
- You can serve over rice.
- I like it just plain with no rice.