1/4 Photos of Crawfish /Shrimp Etouffee
4 hrs 30 mins
i made this for dinner tonight and i just had to share, it was so good.prep time considers the time it takes to make stock, but you can always use water. serve this with hot sauce on the side, some like it hot! you can also make this with crawfish only, as i did in this photo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced, green parts reserved
- 4 -6 cups shrimp stock (recipe follows) or 4 -6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons creole seasoning, such as cacheres
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb crawfish tail, peeled
- 1 lb shrimp
- hot sauce
- cooked white rice
- 1for shrimp stock, place 2 lbs of shrimp shells and tails into a stockpot, add 3-4 quarts of water.
- 2add celery, onion, garlic, carrots, bring to boil.
- 3lower to simmer and cook 3-4 hours, adding water if needed. drain through a sieve, discarding solids.
- 4for the etouffee: heat 6 tbs oil and flour together in a heavy pan until it turns brown, stirring for 15-20 minutes.
- 5add onion, stir, celery, peppers and seasonings, stirring, until vegetables are softened.
- 6add shrimp stock and stir in slowly.
- 7mixture will be very thick, so you can adjust the thickness to your liking by adding extra stock, simmer 10 minutes.
- 8add shrimp, cook 5 minutes, add crawfish.
- 9cook on simmer for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- 10serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish /Shrimp Etouffee
Serving Size: 1 (896 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.0
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 342.1 mg
- Sodium 387.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: