Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Look for crawfish tails in the freezer section of your supermarket, or use 1 1/2 pounds shrimp and 1 1/2 pounds crab and omit the crawfish. Recipe courtesy of Tabasco guest chef Stanley Dry.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion top
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Melt butter in a heavy pot over medium heat; add onions and celery and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk chicken broth and flour until smooth.
- Add to celery mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Add crawfish and cook 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, salt, cayenne and Tabasco.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add crabmeat, green onions and parsley and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.