Recipe by Dee514
Hubby had this soup in New Orleans when we were visiting friends. He loved it, and asked for the recipe. He has made it several times since then, usually when he is "on his own" for dinner (its very easy to prepare). Being a vegetarian--I've never tried it, so I don't have an opinion.
Top Review by swampwaterbrewing
Fantastic recipe. I live in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. This is as good as any I have had around here. I suggest fresh garlic though instead of the powder and make a double batch and add a pound of lump crab meat as well.
- 1 lb crawfish or 1 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped mushroom (optional)
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 2 (11 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces half-and-half
- tony cachere's creole seasoning
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, over medium heat, sauté onions and mushrooms in butter and a little garlic powder until tender.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave, and add to onions and mushrooms.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add soups and corn, stir well.
- Add crawfish or shrimp and half-and-half.
- Season to taste with Tabasco sauce and Tony's Creole seasoning.
- Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.