Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
My friend Judith gave me this recipe. She's a wonderful cook. You can look for Crawfish in the frozen seafood secton of your supermarket. Substitute shrimp if you like.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagejimmy dean sage sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, with tops
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces tomato sauce (or use 8oz and omit butter)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef bouillon
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce (this is a suggestion you can use less (or more)
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning (cajun seasoning with salt)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups uncooked Uncle Ben's converted brand rice (must be Uncle Ben's because it is parboiled, if you use regular rice it will not cook properly)
- Brown sausage with chopped veggies in an ovenproof Dutch oven.
- When done, pour off grease, then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes. Let stand approximately 10 minutes, stir and serve.