Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a potato salad with crawfish and Cajun/creole spices and mustards.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, Chopped
- 2 lbs crawfish, cooked how you liked it
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs bacon, fried and crumbled
- 5 lbs red potatoes, boiled in skins and Roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, separated whites chopped
- 1 cup creole mustard
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- In medium-size skillet, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add garlic and shallots and cook until wilted. Add craw fish tails, liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for 15 minutes and cool.
- Add bacon and set aside.
- Mix potatoes, mayonnaise and egg whites in a Large Bowl bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash egg yolks and mix with mustards and Hot Sauce.
- Combine mustard mixture and potatoes. Stir in craw fish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.