Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This are out of this WORLD good. You will have people lined up for the recipe....well at least we do when we make them. I make ours with Pepperidge Farms Pistolette rolls.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning)
- 1 lb frozen crawfish tail, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 8 pistolette rolls
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the garlic, onion and bell pepper and saute until soft.
- Add the flour, seasoned salt and crawfish tails, cover and cook on low for 10-15 minutes until well heated.
- Mix in the worcestershire sauce, evaporated milk and parmesan cheese and stir.
- Remove this mixture from the heat and let thicken, stirring occasionally.
- While this is thickening, hollow out the pistolette rolls.
- Once hollow, fill the rolls with the crawfish mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes (until the rolls are lightly browned and crusty).