Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb crayfish tail, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 10" pie crust (double crust)
- Saute onions, garlic, bell pepper and celery in butter until limp.
- Add tomato sauce, crawfish and parsley.
- Cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Add bread crumbs, salt, pepper, egg and milk then mix well.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- If you don't care for the delicious mud bugs you may substitute shrimp.
Amazing. I would use 1 teaspoon salt also. It's a keeper.
I've never had crawfish pie so this was a delicious treat. I did decrease the amount of salt significantly to just 1 tsp rather than a tablespoon.
Very good. Crawfish Pies are just divine.