Well, it's a Cajun style crawdad pie. Not fancy I guess, but good and filling. And dat's da trooth. ;p Support our American crawfish farmers! Buy American!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup parsley (minced)
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 3/4 bell pepper (chopped small)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1 1/2 lbs crawfish tails (You could of course use shrimp if you can't get crawdads, or even if you just prefer)
- 6 tablespoons crawfish fat (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- cornstarch (to thicken)
- 10 inches double crust pie crusts (ready-made)
- 1In a medium-sized pot, sauté onion, celery and bell pepper, with butter.
- 2Once it becomes tender, add crawfish fat and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3Now, add crawfish tails, parsley, green onion, and seasoning.
- 4You could add cornstarch to get thick gravy.
- 5Cook until the gravy thickens to required consistency.
- 6Place half of the pie-crust dough onto a 9-inch pan and fill it with filling.
- 7Place the other crust on top, moisten and seal edges of the crusts.
- 8Make sure to cut slits on the top crust, to let out steam.
- 9Bake in the oven at 450 deg F for 10 minutes, then reduce to 375 deg F and cook for 35 minutes.
- 10Once the crust is golden-brown, the pie is ready.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Pie
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.0
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 136.7 mg
- Sodium 923.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 16.5 g