Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this for a potluck the other night and it got rave reviews; I am posting the recipe as I made it, but I wonder if you could make it with half the butter to make it more healthy - it seems like you could. This is great for parties, nonetheless.
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 lb crawfish, chopped (shelled with heads removed)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced and fresh
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 pie crusts, unbaked
- Saute all onions, garlic, pepper, and celery in butter (in large skillet).
- Add soup, tomato sauce, crawfish, and parsley, cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in bread crumbs, salt, cayenne, white pepper, egg, and milk. Spoon into unbaked pie crusts (you'll use both) (at this point, you can freeze pies).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.