Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Jum-ba-lie, crawfish pie, file' gumbo.... Everyone in Louisiana has a crawfish pie recipe, I'm sure, BUT this one has been in my family for years and years, so I thought I would share it with you.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bell pepper, chopped (most people use a green bell pepper but I prefer a red or yellow for milder flavor)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups crawfish tails, chopped slightly
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Over medium high heat, add the flour to the butter and brown, stirring constantly.
- Saute the onion, celery, parsley, garlic and parsley in the butter mixture.
- Stir in the crawfish tails and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this mixture into the baked pie crust and place it in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- If the pie crust begins to get too brown, cover the edges with foil.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.