Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious crawfish pie based on a recipe by Emeril Lagasse.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 12 ounces crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 double crust pie crust
- Melt butter in skillet and saute onion green pepper, celery, salt, cayenne and white pepper until onions are golden.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add crawfish tails and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissove flour in water and add to skillet, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let thicken 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour crawfish mixture into 9-inch deep dish pie shell; top with upper crust and bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve.