Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
They will never guess that this is made with soup! This is not spicy. Serve tossed with Bowtie pasta. I prefer a generous coating on my pasta. Eat with french bread or other warm rolls.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion top
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (I use Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Seasoning)
- 1⁄3 cup white zinfandel wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crab boil
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) packageof frozen crawfish, thawed,do not drain
- bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1 -2 teaspoon rosemary (I use 2)
- 2 bay leaves
- Melt butter and saute onion, bell pepper and green onions until tender.
- Add garlic, crawfish, seafood seasoning, crab boil, and wine.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add soup and stir until blended.
- Simmer until smooth and heated through (Note: during cooking a little WATER may be needed to thin slightly.)
- Toss with bowtie pasta, a little at a time until coated how you like.
Excellent. Only change that I made was to use Campbell's Cream of Shrimp Soup in place of mushroom soup and added about 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes. Beautiful presentation. Will definately make for guest.
I was a little skeptical about trying this dish since I have never seen a crawfish. In this case, finding the ingredient is more difficult than preparing the meal. It was so easy to prepare and surprisingly delicious. It was even better the next day, I just need to add a little milk to dilute the sauce when reheat the pasta. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I love this one! Made it for Sunday night dinner. I did do some deviations from the original recipe, though. I added shrimp and scallops to the recipe, substituted the cream of mushroom for cream of shrimp, added crushed red peppers, angel hair instead of bowties, and about 10 ounces of water (it was better a little thinner, but not runny, for the angel hair pasta) I promise, it's still the same recipe ;-)...and YUMMY! All 3 of my boys (ages 8, 13 and 18) absolutely LOVED it! Thanks, Kikimony!