Recipe by Sherrybeth
Louisianians LOVE crawfish. This is one of my family's favorite Sunday dishes. This is great with salad and garlic bread.
- 2⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped (I use yellow or red pepper)
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lb crawfish tail, pre-cooked
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta, cooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, garlic, bell pepper and green onions in butter until tender.
- Add flour, parsley and crawfish tails.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in Velveeta and parmesan cheeses along with half and half.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, pour the cooked, drained fettucine; then add the crawfish mixture, coating the noodles well.
- Serve immediately.