Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very rich seafood dish for crawfish or shrimp lovers. The recipe came from a 4-H Club member.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 ounces half-and-half
- 2 lbs crawfish or 2 lbs shrimp
- 2⁄3 lb Velveeta cheese or 2⁄3 lb American cheese, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2⁄3 lb fettuccine pasta
- Saute' the onions, celery, and bell peppers in the margarine until the onions are clear.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add parsley and crawfish or shrimp and cook another 15 minutes.
- Add Half& Half, cheese, garlic and Jalapeno pappers.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook fetuccini noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt to water.
- Combine cooked noodles with other ingredients and bake in 4 quart dish at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.