Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe from: The Gumbo Shop, St. Peter Street, New Orleans, LA
- 1 lb penne (good quality) or 1 lb rotini pasta (good quality)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb Polish sausage, sliced (or other smoked sausage)
- 2 cups green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 lb crawfish tail, frozen (peeled)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, being careful not to overcook. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the sliced sausage and saute until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and green onions. Cook while stirring for one minute.
- Add the cream, beer, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- While stirring constantly, bring to a boil and cool for about two minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the crawfish tails, return to a boil and cook for one minute.
- Add the pasta, mix in well, and cook until the pasta is heated through.
- Serve immediatly.