1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe makes a lot and will feed a big crowd. The thing I love the most is I can make it ahead of time by cooking it right up to the point before adding the cream and crawfish and stop. I call this the "base". You can refrigerate it or you can freeze it at this point. Depending on what you do either bring it to room temperature or thaw and bring to room temperature then heat slowly on low. Once heated then add your crawfish and cream, simmer gently for 10 minutes and it tastes like you just made it. I make the base and divide it into two portions and freeze. By doing this I can pull out just one portion of "base" and put it together when I'm just feeding a "battalion" and not the whole "army". Just remember if you divided the base you would only add half of the cream and half of the crawfish and use half of the fettucine. The Jalapeno Velveeta is a little spicy so be careful if you add red pepper. I adjust the amount of fettucine to suit how I want to serve this dish. If I need to "stretch" it I will add all of the fettucine. If I want to have more of the crawfish than pasta then I will adjust how much fettucine I add - it just boils down to personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large heavy pot melt butter.
- 2Add onions and bell pepper and saute over medium heat until soft and slightly carmelized, about 30 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add flour and cook for about 5-8 minutes stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- 5Add salt, black pepper and red pepper to taste.
- 6Add cheese continuing to stir to prevent sticking until cheese is melted.
- 7Slowly add heavy cream stirring until completely incorporated.
- 8Add crawfish tails and bring to a gentle simmer.
- 9Gently simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- 10Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 11Combine crawfish mixture with cooked fettucine, stirring gently to incorporate.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Fettucine
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.1
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.5 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 350.7 mg
- Sodium 628.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 33.0 g