Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from The Cooking Bride
Make and share this Crawfish Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked peeled, crawfish tails
- fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Gradually whisk in flour one tablespoon at a time. Slowly add heavy cream, whisking between each addition until lumps are gone.
- Add Cajun seasoning, nutmeg, and white pepper.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, mixing until combined. Season with salt.
- Add crawfish tails and fettuccine. Thin sauce with additional cream if it gets too thick.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.