Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
You won't believe how easy and delicious this dish is!!!! This recipe was passed down to me from my hubby grandmother. I changed the regular cheese for the spicy jalapeno kind for that kick! You can season to taste before putting it in baking pan, or just skip the baking and throw the Parmesan cheese in the pot and serve if you in a hurry.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Saute onions, peppers, celery, garlic, and green onions in butter.
- Add flour and craw-fish when onions are soft.
- Cook 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add half and half and cheese.
- Lower heat to low and stir until cheese is melted.
- Fold in noodles and pour into baking pan.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Best served hot from oven!
This was a fantastic recipe! I live in Louisiana and believe it or not, I have yet to find an easy recipe that I like...I followed directions which were very simple and fettuccinie came out marvelous. I did, however, change PORTIONS of the veggies...although from Louisiana, I do NOT eat the veggies called for in this recipe, BUT i did use them! Recipe called for 2 onions (i used 1), 1 bell pepper ( i used 1/2), 2 celery ribs (i used 1) and didn't use quite a pound of fettuccine. using the mexican cheese AND the onions/peppers did NOT make the meal spicy whatsoever. Had a great taste and was just awesome! Now that I have a good recipe that we all love, I will make this more often! THANKS! ! ! !