Recipe by LMillerRN
A lightened version from Southern Living. Packages of cooked peeled crawfish can be found in the frozen food section of many supermarkets.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb cooked crawfish, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery, saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and tomatoes; cook 7 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Spoon fettuccine mixture into a 13 X 9 inch baking dish; bake at 350 for 25 minutes.