Recipe by Sarah Close
What else can be said about this classic Cajun dish but...yummy! For those of you who are short on time www.BigEasySeafood.com not only sells the crawfish tails for this dish, it also has preprepared Etouffee.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb crayfish tail
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in onion, green onion, green pepper and celery; cook until transparent.
- Mix in crawfish and tomato paste; cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir dissolved cornstarch into crawfish mixture and cook until thickened, about 35 minutes.
- Serve over rice.