Recipe by dhummel930
Another tried and true recipe from my The New Orleans School of Cooking class I attended.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml oil
- 946.36 ml onions, chopped (do not use sweet onions, use spanish or white)
- 473.18 ml celery, chopped
- 236.59 ml green pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic, chopped
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 907.18 g crawfish tails
- 9.85 ml cajun seasoning (I use Joe's Stuff)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add flour to hot oil to make a dark, chocolate colored roux stirring constantly.
- Add seasoning blend, onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic to roux.
- In another pot heat chicken stock to piping hot, stir in roux gradually until blended well.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add crawfish and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- If desired chopped green onions and parsley may be added 5 minutes before serving for garnish.
- Serve with rice.