1/1 Photo of Crawfish Etouffee
Another tried and true recipe from my The New Orleans School of Cooking class I attended.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add flour to hot oil to make a dark, chocolate colored roux stirring constantly.
- 2Add seasoning blend, onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic to roux.
- 3In another pot heat chicken stock to piping hot, stir in roux gradually until blended well.
- 4Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- 5Add crawfish and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- 6If desired chopped green onions and parsley may be added 5 minutes before serving for garnish.
- 7Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Etouffee
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 123.0 mg
- Sodium 180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 21.2 g