Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another tried and true recipe from my The New Orleans School of Cooking class I attended.
Make and share this Crawfish Etouffee recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oil
- 4 cups onions, chopped (do not use sweet onions, use spanish or white)
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (I use Joe's Stuff)
- Add flour to hot oil to make a dark, chocolate colored roux stirring constantly.
- Add seasoning blend, onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic to roux.
- In another pot heat chicken stock to piping hot, stir in roux gradually until blended well.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add crawfish and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- If desired chopped green onions and parsley may be added 5 minutes before serving for garnish.
- Serve with rice.