This recipe is from Hank Groover, Paula Deen's brother-in-law. I have not tried it yet, just putting here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup beer
- 4 cups clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 lb crawfish, precooked
- rice, cooked, for serving
- In a heavy pan melt butter and add flour to make a roux. Stir constantly over a low heat until it takes on a beige color and loses the floury taste; about 30 minutes.
- When the roux is done, stir in vegetables, bacon and parsley.
- Add in beer, clam juice, bay leaf, seasonings and half-and-half. Stir, and cover pot. Let simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Nearing the end of cooking, add in precooked crawfish and serve over rice.