Cook2 hrs 40 mins
Make and share this Crawfish Etouffee recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 lbs crayfish tails
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- hot cooked rice
- Roux: In small skillet, mix flour and oil together to make a paste; over medium heat, stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the color of caramel -- Do not let burn; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, add all ingredients except crawfish and green onions.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Add roux, stirring occasionally and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add crawfish and green onions and cook for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve over a bed of rice.