Recipe by sarahmarie
This is a recipe I got from my mom, who got it from her parents, etc. Authentic cajun recipe, my family only moved to texas with my grandparents generation
Top Review by cajun chef in Louisiana
Very good, you can't tell the creme of Mushroom soup is in there, just "streches" it without compromising flavor and I might add, from a born and bread Louisianian, roux does not belong in Etoufee, good recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 20 ounces water
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 lbs crawfish tails
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and bell pepper in butter.
- Add soup and water after the vegetables have become translucent.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on low fire.
- Add crawfish and cook another 30 minutes.
- Season (personally I use Tony's or Slap Ya Mama, garlic powder, salt, pepper, celery salt, and onion powder).
- Add green onions about 15 minutes before completely cooked.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!