Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another recipe from our local "newspaper cookbook" with a couple of changes.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 (1 lb) bag crayfish tail, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (less if you don't like spicy)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- Add green chiles and saute 1 minute.
- Add crawfish tails and seasonings and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese, stirring constantly until melted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add minced parsley, mixing well.
- Spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of crawfish mixture down the middle of each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and drizzle with whipping cream.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.