1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I am not a dressing eater. BUT, I made this recipe several years ago (for everyone else), tried it and loved it! It is the only dressing I'll eat - from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups buttermilk self-rising white cornmeal mix (I get it at Wal-Mart)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 10 tablespoons butter or 10 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 small green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 lb crawfish tail (frozen, cooked, peeled, thawed)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon red peppers or 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Grease a 9" oven-proof skillet (preferably cast-iron) and heat it in the oven at 450 degrees for 5 minutes.
- 2Combine the first 5 ingredients listed above to make the cornbread.
- 3Pour into hot prepared skillet, and bake at 450 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Preheat oven to 350, and lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- 6Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- 8Crumble the cornbread into a large bowl.
- 9Add the cooked vegetables, and all remaining ingredients and stir until moistened.
- 10Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 1 hr., or until firm and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 561.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.9 g