Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a warm spicy dip that melts in your mouth. I love making it for dinner parties and serving as the appetizer.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 lb crawfish tail, cooked and peeled
- creole seasoning, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf French bread
- olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add your onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Let cook 2-3 minutes or until onions start to turn translucent.
- Add your garlic, parsley, white wine, crawfish, creole seasoning, fresh black pepper and hot sauce. Remember you can always add more seasonings later. Less sometimes is more unless you know exactly how you want/like it.
- Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese and reduce heat, stirring until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste. Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice french bread into inch thick slices. Brush one side with olive oil, and lightly sprinkle that side with fresh ground pepper and paprika.
- Place slices of bread in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until toasted on each side.
- Serve bread with crawfish dip.
- You can substitute or add shrimp and crab in this recipe also.