Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 lbs crawfish tails, frozen, cooked and peeled thawed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope beef stew seasoning
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- hot cooked rice
- fresh parsley sprig (to garnish)
- Microwave first 4 ingredients in a 13x9-inch microwave-safe dish on HIGH 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in crawfish; microwave at HIGH 6 minutes.
- Stir in flour and next 8 ingredients.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 15 minutes, stirring twice.
- Microwave, covered, on MEDIUM (50 % power) 15 minutes, stirring twice.
- Serve over hot cooked rice; garnish, if desired.
- You may substitute 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken for crawfish tails if you desire.
- To prepare on Stove Top: Saute onion, bell pepper, and celery in hot oil in a large saucepan. Stir in crawfish and next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
Absolutely delicious. This quick and easy dish has become a beloved family favorite. Think étouffée with loads of crawfish. I use the McCormick's beef stew packet. One cooking note, after I sauté the celery, onions & bell pepper in the oil, I add the beef stew packet along with the flour, salt, pepper, red pepper and garlic powder to the sautéed veggies. I quickly mix it in (like making a roux) then I slowly add in the hot water a little bit at a time. I completely incorporate the water each time before adding more. After the water has all been added, add the crawfish and any remaining ingredients. Periodically stir the entire pot while it is cooking and make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot while it is cooking. I like to serve it over white rice with a little chopped parsley on top. If you have leftover crawfish delicacy, place it in a separate container from the rice and store both in the refrigerator. It will even taste better when heated up the next day. Enjoy!