Recipe by Trinkets
I've had these great little appetizers for years. They're served all over South MS and LA. This particular recipe came from The Cajun Family Collection. After our crawfish boils we sit around peeling the leftover crawfish to use later in either this recipe or crawfish bread.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups crawfish tails, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, minced
- Tabasco sauce
- fat (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Beat egg yolks, milk, and vegetable oil until blended.
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat just until blended.
- Stir in crawfish, rice, and green pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into batter.
- Add Tabasco to taste.
- Drop batter from tablespoon into deep, hot fat 375°F
- Fry until golden and puffy, 3 to 4 minutes; turn once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with garlic aioli.